Possible Holy Grail | Palladio Velvet Matte Cream Lip Colour

Friday, July 22, 2016

Palladio beauty Velvet Matte Cream Lip Colour review and swatches

Liquid lipsticks, especially those of a matte finish (and now metallic finishes) have been popping up in the market like hot fire. I have tried some, mostly from Colourpop Cosmetics and Anastasia Beverly Hills, and they aren't the first thing I reach for when it comes to choosing lip options. Personally, I do find liquid lipsticks to be not as moisturising as those that come in a bullet and application requires a lot more effort when you have to deal with a doe foot instead. However, I have found something that I really enjoy and they are from the brand Palladio!

I chose 6 of the Palladio Velvet Matte Cream Lip Colour (there are a total of 12 shades available) to review and here are my thoughts!

Like many other liquid/cream lipsticks, these comes in a tube and a doe foot applicator. The packaging is simple, with a black screw on cap. I do like how the casing is transparent and that you can see the lip colour in the tube immediately. Do note that the colour is a tad darker upon application as compared to that you see in the tube! One tube is 0.15 oz (about 4.25g), which is more product than most. Colour pop liquid lipsticks are 0.11oz (or 3.2g), for comparison.

Palladio beauty Velvet Matte Cream Lip Colour review and swatches

Formula wise, I prefer these a lot more than many I've tried. These feel really creamy and smooth upon application and it goes on really easily onto the lips. It does not result in patchiness either, as it takes a while to set down.

Now, these do not set to a complete matte finish. It remains slightly creamy (where you can move your lips comfortably together without any skipping) and the finish is satin-matte at best. So if you're an ultimate fan of complete matte lips, these may not be the best lip option Despite this, due to the fact that it remains creamy, this lip colour is very moisturising on the lips. Usually when I wear liquid lipsticks, I will find bunches of dried skin on my lips after a few hours of wear (because it is drying). This did not result in any dried skin (I know it sounds pretty gross but that is the truth) on my lips even after a whole day!

Additionally, as it does not set completely, I did notice that these do transfer. So do be careful, especially if you're wearing white! This does not bother me too much, as most normal lipsticks do too.

Palladio beauty Velvet Matte Cream Lip Colour review and swatches
Overall, I am thoroughly enjoying all of these and am considering getting myself more! I would not say that these are matte lip creams but I do agree with the velvet aspect of the name. This is moisturising and feels lovely on the lips. Also, it is really affordable!

These retail for SGD 9.90 at Guardian and it comes in 12 shades.

Here are the lips swatches of the 6 shades that I have:

Palladio beauty Velvet Matte Cream Lip Colour review and swatches
Palladio beauty Velvet Matte Cream Lip Colour review and swatches
Palladio beauty Velvet Matte Cream Lip Colour review and swatches
Palladio beauty Velvet Matte Cream Lip Colour review and swatches
Palladio beauty Velvet Matte Cream Lip Colour review and swatches
Palladio beauty Velvet Matte Cream Lip Colour review and swatches


For the entire month of August, you can head over to Guardian at Ion Orchard for their Lipstick Exchange Program! All you have to do is drop by on either a Friday or Saturday, 6-8pm, and bring along an old lipstick which you have purchased from any drugstore to exchange for a brand new velvet matte lip colour! This is limited to 100 pieces a day so you gotta be quick!

Palladio beauty Velvet Matte Cream Lip Colour review and swatches
On the face:
Palladio Foundation Primer
Palladio Dual Wet & Dry Foundation in Natural Clary
Palladio The Definer Contour + Highlight Crayon
Palladio Velvet Matte Cream Lip Colour in Raw Silk (my favourite!)
For more information and event details, feel free to follow @palladiosg on Instagram or check out their Facebook!

Till next time,





**These products were sent for a review. Only honest thoughts are shared here, with no influence from others. I am not compensated nor affliated to the brand. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :